Thursday, October 20, 2011

Doctor Visit #2



Today was our second doctor's visit, which for the most part, consisted of a physical exam. 


Before the exam, Nurse Vanessa took a survey of Michael and my medical histories. We both passed with flying colors and learned that Baby Suarez is poised for a healthy delivery. 


Dr. Mendelsohn soon joined us in the exam room and before even picking up my chart teased Michael about the time he babysat her children. The joke was followed up by her recommendation for first-time parenting classes :) 


After a few minutes of banter, it was time to get down to business. Susan was ready to go and said, "ok, let's check out this uterus of yours!" As a woman, this statement is old news. To a man, not so much. After peeling his eyes away from the current issue of Golf Digest, Michael said, "whoa, whoa, whoa... I'm not staying for a pap-schmear if that's what's going on here!" One glance from Susan and he was back to reading his Golf Digest, quietly. 


The exam went well, but I'll need to visit Dr. Mendelsohn about twice as much as a normal pregnant woman once I get into my second trimester. Which is fine because that means I get to hear or see Baby Suarez more than I expected!


After the exam Susan got her "doppler" and we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat for the second time. For some reason, I enjoyed hearing it much more than I enjoyed seeing it. A picture lets you know that your baby is physically there, but the sound lets you know your baby is living and growing inside of you, even if you can't feel it on the outside just yet. It was incredible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment