Monday, November 14, 2011

Doctor Visit #3



Today was our third visit to our doctor and our second ultrasound.

The ultrasound was incredible. It lasted about an hour and 15 minutes and the technician was great... and patient. Baby Suarez was not in the mood to move around much and so we tried a bunch of tricks to get him/her to reciprocate our excitement: I drank an entire glass of the coldest water I've ever tasted, downed a few Tootsie Rolls (which I haven't had since a child, still not sure what the big deal is), ate an entire sucker and then moved on to OJ. Finally, 25 minutes and one bathroom break later Baby Suarez was ready to to show his/her stuff. It was truly amazing to see this life moving about inside of me, especially because I can't yet feel the baby moving. Baby Suarez was doing handstands, kicking its feet and turning around and around. I could have watched it forever. It really was the most rewarding experience of our pregnancy (so far!).

As for the physical check-in, things are going well. I've actually lost weight, which in any other scenario would make me ecstatic but instead initially freaked me out. I was quickly rest assured that losing weight in the first trimester is completely normal and that I will be gaining plenty of weight in the coming months :)

Our next appointment is December 14th and I will be just under 17 weeks. Although this is the day before Grandma's birthday, she won't be getting a surprise just yet-we're still waiting on finding out Baby Suarez's gender. Sorry Grandma (and everyone else!).

No comments:

Post a Comment