Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Meaning of Christmas

Christmas means something special to each of us. When I think about what it means to me and what I want to pass on to my children, I'm reminded of the wonderful meanings I was taught growing up:

Christmas means... 
Counting your blessings, not your gifts.

Christmas means... 
Family. No matter how big, or how small.

Christmas means... 
Celebrating a year of being alive, regardless of how hard it might have been.

Christmas means... 
Decorating the Christmas tree with old ornaments passed down from generations.

Christmas means... 
Baking cookies until the smell of sugar is more dissatisfying than tempting.

Christmas means... 
Believing in Santa for as long as possible.

Christmas means... 
Giving back.

Christmas means... 
Midnight mass with Papa.

Christmas means... 
Being a part of a new family.

Christmas means... 
Remembering those who can't be with you, and being thankful for those who are.

Christmas means... 
Watching The Grinch (the original!).

1 comment: