Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Wine-ing Away

Sooooooo....

I always look forward to our company holiday parties. Generally, they take up an entire (work)day and are a good excuse to get drunk on my boss's dime. What's not to love, right?

Wrong. Today, I (the pregnant lady) had the pleasure of being tasked with selecting the nearly 20 bottles of wine for the celebratory occasion. Seriously, just shoot me now. As I fumble through the critics' lists, rank medal winners, consider parings and make my selections, I find myself sinking down into my chair and longing for a deep glass of Layer Cake. Ugh.

I'm pretty sure my feelings of longing and frustration must be the equivalent to how a kid feels when they're faced with an ice cream truck or candy store window and their mother yells, "not now, you'll spoil your dinner."

So, I'll take this one with a grain of salt and consider it a valuable lesson I must learn (sad face). But not before I share this fantastic picture of me at a winery during my bachelorette party. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment